OFFICIAL LIST OF THINGS I BLAME FOR THE NUGGETS LOSING TO THE SIXERS POWER RANKINGS
1. Nikola Jokic. A triple-double is cool, but a fifty-point quadruple-double with ten steals would have likely resulted in a win.
2. J.J. Redick. 34 points. Why did he decide to go off in the first game of the Butler/Harris/Embiid/Simmons era? Wouldn’t the narrative be better if those other four guys scored more points?
3. Sixers fans. If they were just a bit quieter, then the Nuggets would be able to communicate better on defense. Don’t they have some Santas to throw batteries at?
4. Monte Morris. I’m so used to him having great games that seven points and one assist is severely disappointing.
5. You. If you had only shown more support for the Nuggets, this wouldn’t have happened.
6. Mike Malone. I didn’t watch this game, but Nuggets fans have complained about his coaching in the past, and I assume that he hasn’t fixed whatever issues they’ve identified.
7. Serbia. If Serbia was in America, then Jokic would be able to visit home more often. He would also play better with so many of his countrymen in close proximity. However, due to some fluke of geography, Serbia is located far away in Europe. That’s really dumb. Whoever made that decision should be locked up in jail.